I don’t always make a monthly TBR because I’m a huge mood reader and TBR piles can put me into a reading slump if I don’t feel like reading anything on my pile. Instead, I tend to rearrange the small bookshelf by my bed every couple months to cycle in titles I think I’ll want to read soon, and move the ones I probably won’t.
With that said, I’ve been in a huge reading slump for the past month and I need to change something. I only read six books in August. Three of those were graphic novels and one was an audiobook, so really just two physical novels. For someone who averages 12 books a month, this slump has been really frustrating for me. My hope is that by making a TBR post, I’ll put a little bit of pressure on myself to get through these books!
This is my (hopefully not tentative) TBR pile for September. I’m making the list fairly short to leave room for some mood reading throughout the month, although with one of the books being over 600 pages, I may not have time for much else.
- A Curious Tale of the In-Between by Lauren DeStefano. This one was a gift from my OTSP Secret Sister in August, and I’m currently reading it. I gave myself a personal goal to always finish any book they send me within a month so I need to complete it soon! It’s really good so far, I’ve just been busy with the start of a new school year so I haven’t had much time for reading.
- None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio. I received this as a surprise gift from another blogger, and I’ve been dying to read it.
- Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry. I read Nowhere But Here this summer and LOVED it. I’m excited to try out her other series.
- Finding Mr. Brightside by Jay Clark. I won this one from Goodreads First Reads over the summer, and the author wrote be the best personalized note inside. That was enough to make me want to read the book!
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas This just arrived yesterday and I’m dying to dive into it. I’m forcing myself to finish up my current read so I don’t add yet another book to my ever growing “currently reading” shelf but I’ll be starting it really soon!
I also have an eARC of Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn from NetGalley that I may or may not get to this month.
What are you planning to read in September? Do you set weekly/monthly TBR goals or are you solely a mood reader?