It’s Tag Tuesday post! This week, I chose the book tag that I’ve been seeing EVERYONE completely lately, booktubers and bloggers alike. This is one of my favorite tags that I’ve seen in awhile. I’ve really enjoyed reading and watching all of the different answers. I hope you enjoy mine as well 🙂
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like.
- Saga. I’ve only read the first volume, but I really hated it. I was pretty bored throughout, but I think the casual use of the r word was what really put me off from the rest of the series. I don’t see what all the fuss is about with this one!
2. A Popular Book or series that everyone else seems to hate but you love.
- The Wolves of Mercy Falls Trilogy. I haven’t read the third book yet, but I went into this series very hesitant because so many people hate it. I’ve really enjoyed the two in the series that I’ve read so far!
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don’t like.
- I’m not crazy about who Juliette ended up with in at the end of the Shatter Me trilogy, but I didn’t like her other option either. She would have been better off without either of them!
4. A popular book genre that you hardly reach for.
- This isn’t a genre specifically, but I hardly ever read books with really heavy topics (major character death, illness, cheating, abuse, etc). I need to know that the book will have a happy ending before I dive into something like that. I’m never going to read The Fault in Our Stars or anything similar.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
- The female leads in Looking for Alaska and Paper Towns are so obnoxious and pretentious . Yikes, no thank you.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
- Probably going to lose some people with this one but… Jennifer L. Armentrout. I’ve been trying to make my way through the Lux series for over a year now. I probably would have given up by now, but I own the entire series so I so want to finish it eventually. I just can’t get into her writing. I find it very awkward, and often feel like I’m reading poorly written fan fiction. I’ve skimmed pages in some of her other works, and they don’t seem much better. Everyone has different opinions, please don’t hate me!
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
- STUDENT TEACHER RELATIONSHIPS!!!!!!!!! Gross, can authors pleeeeease stop doing this?? [That said, I did really enjoy On the Island, but otherwise I stay far far away from this type of books]
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
- Miss Peregrine’s. They just don’t look like my thing. I have way too many other series that I’d rather read.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
- I can’t pick just one: The Notebook. I saw the Nicholas Sparks movie before the book, and went back to read it because I enjoyed the movie so much. I was really disappointed because I liked the movie so much more.
- The Maze Runner. I read The Maze Runner about a year before the movie came out, and the book was okay but I didn’t love it. I really loved the movie though! I haven’t decided if I’m going to continue on with the other books in the series. Have any of you read the entire Maze Runner trilogy? Are they worth my time or should I stick to the movies?
Have you done this tag? I’d love to see your answers!