August was a really busy month because school started again, so I’m back at work full-time. I’m serving students in 14 buildings this year so my schedule is jam-packed and I’m exhausted when I come home most days. A little late with my wrap up, but I was participating in the ReadThemAllThon readathon until Sunday night and ran out of time to get my post up. Because of that readathon and #AYEARATHON (and 3 audiobooks), I got quite a bit of reading done in August. And I finally read Queen of Shadows and A Gathering of Shadows!
1. People I Want to Punch in the Throat: Competitive Crafters, Drop-Off Despots, and Other Suburban Scourges by Jen Mann ★★★★☆
2. Being Jazz: My Life as a (Transgender) Teen by Jazz Jennings ★★★★☆
3. This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab ★★★★★
4. Another Place at the Table by Kathy Harrison ★★☆☆☆ DNF Rant
5. Radio Silence by Alice Oseman ★★★★★ My Review
6. Tumbling by Caela Carter ★★★★☆
7. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling ★★★★★ My Review
8. The Hero’s Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy ★★★★☆ My Review
9. Bear, Otter, & the Kid by T.J. Klune ★★★★☆ My Review
10. Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas ★★★★★ My Review
11. A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab ★★★★☆ My Review
12. Jughead Vol. 1 by Chip Zdarsky and Erica Henderson ★★★☆☆
I made a really eclectic mix of some of the songs I’d favorited in SongPop, and I’ve been listening to it a lot.
I’ve seen some pretty mixed reviews for The Suicide Squad. My local theater had a promotional price if I pre-ordered tickets, so I ended up seeing it on opening day and really enjoyed it. It was the first DC movie I’ve seen since I’m such a Marvel fan, so I didn’t have any others from the universe to compare it to, but I thought it was entertaining and that’s all I’m really looking for in a movie. I hated The Joker because I really dislike Jared Leto, but other than that it was great.
I also binged the entire first season of Superstore this month and absolutely LOVED it. I talked more about it in my TV Shows You Should Be Watching post earlier this week.
My 30th birthday was at the end of the month! My Secret Sister sent me an ebook, one of my friends got me an amazing Captain America card and a metal Deadpool bookmark, another sent me a $20 Amazon gift card, and my coworkers had a fun little party.
How was your August? What was your favorite read of the month?