Happy 2016! I hope you all have your best year yet!
I have an ambitious year planned with lots of goals, 5 reading challenges, and Bookish Bingo, which is quarterly and on-going. I’m also doing two blogging challenges! Because I have so many goals and challenges to keep up with, I’m planning to make a post every month updating my progress.
- Goodreads: Read 120 books
- Create a blogging planner
- Develop a blogging schedule (and stick to it!)
- Start posting reviews regularly
Comment on 100 blogs Decided to participate in Nori’s Commenting 365 Challenge instead. Details below!
Six Squared Challenge
Read six books from each of the six categories, for a total of 36 books by the end of 2016:
- 6 New Releases (Debut Authors)
- 6 New Releases (Loved Authors)
- 6 Books to Start a Series
- 6 Books to Complete a Series
- 6 Book to Movie Adaptations
- 6 Goodreads Choice Awards Winners or Nominees
Rock My TBR
Read a minimum of 1 book per month you already own (published book).
LGBTQIA Books Reading Challenge
Read and review books with LGBTQIA main characters.
Finishing the Series Challenge
Complete your started series. Books that are part of a continuing series qualify. Write at least a 2 sentence review for each book you complete.
Goal: Level 4 (Expert series reader) – Complete 7 or more series.
Series I Plan to Finish:
- The Grisha (Books 2 & 3)
- The Wolves of Mercy Falls (Book 3)
- The Winner’s Curse (Entire trilogy)
- Reluctant Hearts (Books 2 & 3)
- Death Note (Vols. 7-12)
- Minnesota Christmas (Books 2 & 3)
- Find Me (Books 2 & 3)
- The Book of Ivy (Book 2)
- Under the Never Sky (Books 2 & 3)
- Anna and the French Kiss (Book 3)
- Mistborn (Books 2 & 3)
- Throne of Glass (Books 4 & 5)
- Heather Wells (Book 5)
- The Lunar Chronicles (Books 3, 3.5, & 4)
- Lux (Books 4 & 5)
- The 5th Wave (Books 2 & 3)
- Magisterium (Books 2 & 3)
Any genre or length of book counts, as long as it is in ebook format.
Goal Level: Megabytes – 25 ebooks
eBooks I Own and Plan to Read:
- Sleigh Ride by Heidi Cullinan
- Winter Wonderland by Heidi Cullinan
- Him by by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy
- The Deal by Elle Kennedy
- Paige in Progress by Brighton Walsh (eARC)
- The Subs Club #2 (eARC)
- Silence by Deborah Lytton (eARC)
- Addicted to You by Krista and Becca Ritchie
- Hey Sunshine by Tia Giacalone
Bookish Bingo: Dec 2015-February 2016
The object of Bookish Bingo is to get as many bingos as possible. That is, five across, up and down, or diagonally.
Snow on Cover:
Has Been Translated: Death Note Vol. 2 by Tsugumi Ohba, Yuki Kowalsky , Takeshi Obata
Holiday Themed: Let It Snow by Heidi Cullinan
Epistolary: Gena/Finn by Hannah Moskowitz & Kat Helgeson
Multi POV: Instructions for the End of the World by Jaime Kain
Pink Cover: Second Position by Katherine Locke
2015 Release You Missed:
A Friend’s Fave:
Thriller: Find Me by Romily Bernard
One-Word Title: Room by Emma Donoghue
Award Winner: Why Not Me by Mindy Kaling
White Cover: Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari
Book Was a Gift: The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes
Start a New Series: The Subs Club by J.A. Rock
2016 Book Blog Discussion Challenge
This challenge is to help get us discussing books and book blogging, so talk about whatever you want as long as it’s relevant to book blogging. Discussions can be book related or book blogging related (or generally blogging related – no discussions about things that are completely off-topic like travel or fashion, etc). Discussions can also be about you personally if it’s a get-to-know-you type post.
My goal is: 49+ Posts– Gift of the Gab
Commenting 365 Challenge
Visit and comment on 365 unique blogs.
What goals did you set for yourself this year? Are you participating in any challenges? Link me to your post!