I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
Thank you to The Literary Phoenix (another Amber!) for the nomination! ❤️❤️
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog.
What is your blogging origin story?
I got into the book community after stumbling across some Booktubers several years ago. That led me to creating an account on Goodreads, and then a second Twitter account focused on books. Soon after that I developed my blog so I would have a place to house TBR piles and challenges for readathons. Eventually I started also writing reviews and creating other bookish blog content, and here we are!
What is your guilty pleasure movie/TV show?
To be honest, I still enjoy the Twilight movies every once and awhile. There was a marathon on TV recently and I ended up watching all 5 back to back. I love that Robert and Kristen are both so jaded about the series now, so that makes it much more entertaining to watch than when I originally saw them.
What’s the BEST book to movie adaptation you’ve seen?
Matilda! I LOVE The Lord of the Rings/Hobbit movie franchise but I haven’t read the books so I’m not sure they count.
What do you do when you need a pick-me-up?
Cuddle my dog, eat some bread, and binge YouTube videos.
What is your favorite piece of artwork (classical, modern, street art, whatever)?
There isn’t one specific piece of art that I particularly love, but I follow a lot of artists on Instagram that I really enjoy. Here are some of my favorites:
What’s your favorite thing to do on a sunny day?
Stay inside lol. I have terrible seasonal allergies and asthma that’s exacerbated by extreme temperatures, so summer is generally pretty miserable for me. When the weather is not so hot, I love to take my dog for walks, hike, or work in my garden.
Which of your 2017 reads (so far) would you recommend to anyone?
Some of my favorites so far this year have been:
What is your favorite mythological creature?
What is your opinion of puns?
I feel like I’m the only person in the world who hates them. They make me cringe so much.
How do you deal when someone you love hates one of your favorite books?
It depends on their reasoning. If they have a justifiable reason, like they were triggered by something or they found part of the content problematic, I’m not bothered. Even if they have a silly reason for disliking it, I usually don’t care. Every once and awhile I do delete people on GR if they continue to rate books I love really low. It’s nothing against them, I just don’t see the point in continuing to see their feed/updates if we have such different taste in books.
Describe your dream personal library.
I want a room full of built-in shelves, floor to ceiling, with lots of natural lighting and a big comfy recliner.
- Do you reread? Why or why not?
- How do you organize your bookshelves?
- What are some musicians or songs that you’ve been loving lately?
- What is your go-to genre when you can’t decide what to read?
- Do you highlight or annotate in your books? Or maybe you have a system using sticky flags? Tell me about it!
- Please share pictures of your fur babies or cute gifs of animals if you don’t have any pets.
- What new 2017 TV shows should we all be watching?
- What are your favorite blog posts to write?
- What are a couple of your most-anticipated reads for 2017 that haven’t been released yet?
- Are you crafty? What kinds of things do you like to create?
- What was your favorite book when you were a kid?
Nominating some of my newer followers 🙂 I’m sure some people have already done this or just don’t feel like it, so absolutely no pressure!
If you haven’t been tagged but this looks like a fun one, please feel free!! And tag me so I can be sure to see your answers!