If you follow me on Twitter, you might have seen my announcement that I’m participating in #MHAReadathon this week. I was so happy to find this readathon, and even though it looks like a pretty small one, I’m really excited to participate.
There are five challenges, and I tried to pick some fairly short books because I really want to get through all the challenges with this readathon.
1. Read a book with green on the cover.
The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart (Anxiety)
2. Read a book where the main character suffers from a mental illness/mental health issue.
100 Days of Cake by Shari Goldhagen (Depression)
I received this one for review a few weeks ago and I’ve been saving it for the readathon!
3. Read a non-fiction book about mental health or mental illness.
Monkey Mind by Daniel Smith (Anxiety)
4. Read a book by an author with a mental illness/mental health issues.
Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh (Depression)
5. Pick a topic related to mental illness or mental health that you don’t know much about and read a book about it.
Stim by Kevin Berry (Autism)
This one is a bit of a cheat because, as a special education teacher, I know a fair bit about Autism. However, I’ve never read a YA/NA book with a main character that is Autistic, so I’ve been interested in checking this one out.
Are you participating in #MHAReadathon? It’s not to late to join! This readathon is pretty relaxed, so you can join anytime throughout the week 🙂