Here are Erin’s guidelines:
♦ You can use her image or make one of your own (I made my own)
♦ Link her somewhere in your post
♦ Create a full (10+songs) or a mini (four songs) playlist for the book of your choosing
♦ Add your name to the link-up tool on her blog so others can find and read your post
♦ Leave a comment on her blog post
The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
- I Swear This Time I Mean It – Mayday Parade
- Slow Dancing in a Burning Room – John Mayer
- I See Fire (Kygo Remix)- Ed Sheeran
- Don’t Swallow the Cap – The National
- Kiss Me Quick – Nathan Sykes
- FOOLS – Troye Sivan
- Secret Love Song – Little Mix
- If I Could Fly – One Direction
- Heartbreak Warfare – John Mayer
- Miserably Loving You – Artist Vs Poet
- Worship – Years & Years
- These Hard Times – Needtobreathe
1. I Swear This Time I Mean It– Mayday Parade
So I’ll sing a melody
And hope to God she’s listening
Sleeping softly while I sing
And I’ll be your memories
Your lullaby for all the times
Hoping that my voice could get it right
2. Slow Dancing in a Burning Room – John Mayer
We’re going down,
And you can see it too.
We’re going down,
And you know that we’re doomed.
We’re slow dancing in a burning room.
3. I See Fire (Kygo Remix)- Ed Sheeran
Calling out father oh
Hold fast and we will
Watch the flames burn auburn on
The mountain side
Desolation comes upon the sky
And if the night is burning
I will cover my eyes
For if the dark returns
Then my brothers will die
And as the sky is falling down
It crashed into this lonely town
And with that shadow upon the ground
I hear my people screaming out
4. Don’t Swallow the Cap – The National
Everything I love is on the table.
Everything I love is out to sea.
I have only two emotions,
Careful fear and dead devotion.
I can’t get the balance right.
With all my marbles in the fight.
I see all the ones I went for
All the things I had it in for
I won’t cry until I hear
Because I was not supposed to be here.
5. Kiss Me Quick– Nathan Sykes
Nobody’s looking right now
Ain’t no time for messing around
But it won’t take a minute
Baby come kiss me quick
Let’s act out feeling, right here
Make this unforgettable
6. FOOLS – Troye Sivan
Oh, our lives don’t collide, I’m aware of this
The differences and impulses and your obsession with
The little things, you like stick, and I like aerosol
I don’t give a fuck, I’m not giving up, I still want it all
7. Secret Love Song – Little Mix
We keep behind closed doors
Every time I see you, I die a little more
Stolen moments that we steal as the curtain falls
It’ll never be enough
8. If I Could Fly – One Direction
I’ve got scars, even though they can’t always be seen
And pain gets hard, but now you’re here and I don’t feel a thing
Pay attention, I hope that you listen cause I let my guard down
Right now I’m completely defenseless
9. Heartbreak Warfare – John Mayer
Clouds of sulfur in the air
Bombs are falling everywhere
It’s heartbreak warfare
Once you want it to begin,
No one really ever wins
In heartbreak warfare
10. Miserably Loving You – Artist Vs Poet
And I never thought that you’d leave me here all on my own.
And I never thought you’d be willing to take away my home.
‘Cause there’s no one to call and I’m so sick of being all alone.
And I’m stuck miserably loving you.
12. These Hard Times – Needtobreathe
Give me something brighter
Give me something I can see
Give me something vicious
Give me something I can be
Give me all the love and peace
To end these wars
Give me something sacred
Something worth fighting for
Have you read The Winner’s Curse? What songs make you think of the book? Let me know if you find a new song you love!