Hello friends, old and new! This weekend I am participating in Love-A-Thon, hosted by the lovely ladies above. Love-A-Thon was created by Alexa, so I’ll share her explanation of the event: The Love-a-Thon is an event dedicated to spreading positivity and love. It’s time dedicated to visiting other bloggers/Instagrammers/BookTubers, leaving a comment or two, making new friends and fostering positivity among the members of our amazing community. As in the previous years, the event will include mini challenges, Twitter chats and giveaways galore!
Sounds like fun, right? Throughout the weekend, I’ll be posting responses to mini-challenges here on the blog, blog hopping like crazy, participating in Twitter chats, Bookstagram challenges, and maybe even a Booktube challenge! Be sure to follow me on social media so you don’t miss anything 🙂 If you’re not participating in Love-A-Thon, that’s okay too! I’d still love for you to leave your blog info in the comments, and I’ll stop by and say hey 🙂
- What’s your name? Amber!
- Where in the world are you blogging from? Midwest USA
- How did you get into blogging in the first place? I wanted a place to talk about books with people. At first my blog was just a place where I could post readathon challenges and do the occasional tag, and I just started consistently blogging and posting reviews within the past few months.
- How did you come up with your blog name? I was a library page for 6 years in high school and college, so I practically lived in the book stacks. I added my name onto the end because I wanted to have my name in my blog title.
- What genre do you read and review the most on your blog? YA/NA Contemporary. I have less than 10 reviews so far though since I just started posting them this year so this answer doesn’t really reflect the wide range of books I read
- What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews? Let’s Talk (my weekly discussion post, Readathon updates, Blitzes, Blog Tours, Monthly Wrap-Ups, Top Ten Tuesday, Teaser Tuesday, Waiting on Wednesday, Friday Reads, Stacking the Shelves, and I’m starting some Book Soundtracks very soon!
- Best blogging experience so far? I’ve loved getting to know so many other bloggers. Participating in OTSP Secret Sister and the Commenting 365 Challenge have both introduced me to many great bloggers and readers.
- Favorite thing about the blogging community? Discussing books! I don’t really have anyone outside of the internet who reads what I do, and especially someone who reads the volume that I do. I love being able to hop on social media at any time and discuss a book with great people.
- Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016!
- Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years!
- What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read? The Reluctant Hearts series by Brighton Walsh. They’re all companion novels, think Anna and the French Kiss but New Adult.
- Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF? I’d get along great with Heather from the Heather Wells series and Cath from Fangirl
- Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend? Kai from Cinder, Baz from Carry On, Bishop from The Book of Ivy, Lila or Rhy from A Darker Shade of Magic, any of the four main characters from A Court of Thorns and Roses tbh, Levi from Fangirl
- Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max) Baz from Carry On, Tamlin & Lucien from A Court of Thorns and Roses, Rowan from Throne of Glass, Mark from The Martian. So basically a bunch of magical people and a guy who figured out how to survive on Mars alone for over a year. And I just realized that I picked a bunch of snarky characters who are probably going to annoy each other to death within an hour. Whoops?
- Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests? DOGS. Dogs are my number one interest ♥♥♥♥♥. I feel like all book bloggers are cat people but I’m allergic so… I’d have 100 dogs if I could. Okay, probably not but I’d definitely have more than one. I have a dachshund/corgi/heeler mix named Roxie who is about 6 years old and she’s the cutest thing (pictures at the end). I also love learning and doing crafty things: paint-by-number, knitting, cross stitch, decorating my planner/bullet journal, coloring, etc. I’m passionate about healthy, local eating (I’m on the board of directors for my food co-op). I teach deaf and hard of hearing students, so I’m also interested in Deaf culture and American Sign Language. I’ve been trying to teach myself Spanish for a few years too.
- Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for? craft supplies! I also love grocery shopping. I’ve noticed recently that most people hate grocery shopping for some reason. I don’t get it!
- At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing? You’re asking someone with over 12,000 songs in their iTunes library to choose just one? Even my “favorites” playlist has more than 30 songs on it! Here are a few that I’ve been loving in the last couple months: for him by Troye Sivan, Missin’ You by The Summer Set Without You by Parachute, Jet Black Heart by 5 Seconds of Summer, Shine by Years & Years, Sorry (Latino Remix w/J Balvin) by Justin Bieber
- Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book. How about I pick a movie/comic character to get his own show because I need more Bucky Barnes/Sebastian Stan in my life.
- What would your dream library look like? It would only contain books I’m guaranteed to love so that I never waste my time with subpar reads. There would be lots of comfy seating and lots of cuddly dogs.
- Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with? Maybe Meg Cabot? She’s been one of my faves since I was a teenager and we’re both originally from Indiana so we’d have something to talk about outside of books too.
Oh, and here’s my face too I guess:
If you stuck around until the end of this long long questionnaire, you’re amazing!! If you’re participating in Love-A-Thon, I’ll probably be stopping by your blog sometime this weekend too. If you’re not participating, feel free to answer any of your favorite questions in the comments. I’d love to get to know you all better 🙂