The End of Year Book Survey was created by Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner. This is the sixth year in a row that she’s hosted the survey, but my first year participating.
Number Of Books You Read: 122 (I’m in the middle of 3 others than may or may not get finished today)
Number of Re-Reads: 4
Genre You Read The Most From: YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy and YA Contemporary
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
I really liked the first half of both books, but ultimately, I ended up really disappointed with both.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
I absolutely LOVED this book. I hadn’t heard much about it, so I didn’t go into it with high expectations.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Best series I started: A Court of Thorns and Roses (noticing a theme here…)
Best sequel: Lola and the Boy Next Door
Best series ender: The only series I completed in 2015 was the Shatter Me trilogy, and I didn’t love the ending.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
Katie McGarry, Adam Silvera, Nicola Yoon, and Benjamin Alire Sáenz
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Find Me by Romily Bernard is the first thriller I’ve read and really enjoyed.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
The entire book takes place in a couple of hours during a school shooting.
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
A Court of Thorns and Roses. I’ve already re-read it once this year and I plan to re-read it again before A Court of Mist and Fury comes out.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Baz from Carry On
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
I’m on vacation so I don’t have any of my read books with me, but it would definitely be something from Aristotle and Dante. I sticky flagged so many great passages.
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Find Me by Romily Bernard
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
I loved Ivy and Bishop!
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Feyre and Rhysand in A Court of Thorns and Roses
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Fangirl, Carry On, and A Court of Thorns and Roses
21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Illuminae. I only picked this one up because of all the hype surrounding it from every single book blogger who’d read it. I pre-ordered it without even reading the synopsis.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
Bishop from The Book of Ivy.
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
More Happy Than Not
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
More Happy Than Not & This is Where it Ends
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
Illuminae. The format was different from anything else I read this year.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
This book is so long and it took FOREVER for the main characters to get together. It was so annoying.
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
I didn’t start blogging or reading other blogs until this year, so they’re all my favorite!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
I haven’t written any yet 😦
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I really like the monthly wrap-ups I started doing in October.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
Creating my blog!
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Balancing blogging with my real life has been really challenging. I’m still figuring it out.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
#SIXSQUAREDCHALLENGE Intro Post I’ve gotten a good response but not as many participants as I would have liked.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I discovered bookmooch last week and it’s been a great way to get rid of my unwanted books.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
My Goodreads goal was to read 120 books. I completed that but none of the other goals I’d written for myself.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
The Winner’s Curse
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
A Court of Mist and Fury!!!!!!!!!!
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Kill the Boy Band by Goldy Moldavsky
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
Besides ACOMAF, Walk the Edge by Katie McGarry and A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
Start posting reviews!
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
Have you done an end of the year bookish survey? I’d love to see it!