I can’t believe October is over already!
And it has been over for almost a week because I’m so late getting this blog post up.
I read…not a lot in October, only 6 books. I was out of town or hosting guests for 3 of the 5 weekends, and to be honest I just didn’t prioritize reading as much as I typically do, even without those distractions. I’m still ahead on my Goodreads Challenge, so I’m not too upset about my slow month.
(Covers link to Goodreads)
- Firsts By Laurie Elizabeth Flynn 3/5 stars Amazon | Book Depository
- Finding Mr. Brightside by Jay Clark 3/5 stars Amazon | Book Depository
- Illuminae by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman 5/5 stars Amazon | Book Depository
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell 5/5 stars ♥Favorite of the month♥ Amazon | Book Depository
- None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio 4/5 stars Amazon | Book Depository
- Death Note Black Edition Vol. 1 5/5 stars Amazon | Book Depository
Books I started in October but haven’t finished yet:
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
- Cam Girl by Leah Raeder (NetGalley)
- Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling (audiobook)
- The Girl With All the Gifts by M.R. Carey
I love music even more than I love reading. No wrap up is complete without a playlist of my favorite songs from the month! I’d love to know what you’ve been listening to lately.
I’m loving this season of How to Get Away With Murder so far. I like to wait until 3-4 episodes have aired and then marathon them all at once. This season of The Walking Dead has been so slow, I’m really not enjoying it much
I started watching Arrow on Netflix last month after I saw Stephen Amell at Chicago Comic Con. I just started Season 2. I even got my mom into the show when she visited earlier in the month! I have a love/hate relationship with The Voice, depending on who is judging each season. I love Gwen and Pharrell, so I’ve been watching this season. I really like Jordan, Barrett, Siahna, and Braiden.
Adult Coloring Books:
Some of my favorites this month (images link to Amazon).
(The Girl With All the Gifts is an ARC I found at a thrift store for 50¢.) The only books I purchased new this month were Carry On and Illuminae, both of which I pre-ordered in July.
Gifted from my amazing OTSP Secret Sister:
Won in giveaway:
How was your October? What was your favorite book you read during the month?