Welcome back to another Tag Tuesday. This week, I’m doing the Mean Girls Book Tag. Thanks to Kacie at Kacie’s Bookshelf for tagging me! This tag was originally created by Sarah-Jane over at The Book Life.
Look at me, I made a cute little graphic oOoOoOooooOOOO
1. “It’s pronounced like Cady” – Which fictional character’s names did you get completely wrong?
- Hermione! Until the movies were released, I called her “Hermi-own.” I’m sure I used to mispronounce many of the HP names.
- I think it would be hilarious to throw Cath from Fangirl into the Harry Potter universe…
- Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky reminded me so much of Hungry by H.A. Swain. I almost didn’t finish it because I felt like I was reading the same book.
- Twilight series! I found Bella to be too whiny and dependent on the male characters in the books.
- Neville Longbottom!!! Especially in the final book, but I loved and rooted for Neville throughout the series
- If it’s a planned trip, usually 1-3 hours. If I’m just passing through, I can usually be in and out in less than 30 minutes
- I really don’t like this question, honestly. Stalking people isn’t a joke
- The Hunger Games! I didn’t start reading the series until the second movie had been released, and that was only after some intense pressure from one of my good friends. I’m glad I read them!
- So many Harry Potter answers but… I love Draco so much and he’s also a really terrible bully. I’d get so angry at him, but his tragic backstory and awful family really made me sympathize for him as a character.
- I really want to say the Weasleys, but I need to stop with the HP answers! I loved Dante’s parents in Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe.
11. “That is so Fetch!” – Which book or series would you love to catch on?
- I’ve never really heard people talk about Hate List by Jennifer Brown, and I wish it were more popular. It’s a book I think everyone should read once in their life.
- My absolute favorite kinds of characters have major character development throughout the course of a series. I love tragic back stories, genuinely nice, kind characters, and extremely funny characters.
- CRY. I tend to avoid books with “feels” unless I know they will have a happy ending. I can’t handle sad books with lots of drama unless there’s an uplifting, positive ending.
14. “Nice wig Janice, what’s it made of?” “Your Mom’s chest hair!” – Which characters one liners would you love to claim for your own?
- Jace from The Mortal Instruments series is so sarcastic and entertaining. I love his character!
15. “Boo, you whore.” – Name a time a character’s decision has made you roll your eyes
- Juliette from the Shatter Me series made some really terrible decisions!! She annoyed me so much. I loved Tahereh Mafi’s writing style, but all those characters got increasingly more obnoxious as the series went on.